What do I do with a persistent male?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do I do with a persistent male?

Post  Karen on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:39 pm

I have a wonderful male, almost 1 year old, and new baby girl, 4 months old. We have had her for about 2 weeks. Someday we hope they have kittens. They get along quite well for 15-20 minutes at a time then the male becomes overly intereted in her bottom, and begins mounting her - nearly the full deal - pinning her down, biting her neck and humping with an erection, though no penetration that I know of because we quickly seperate them. She is obviously too young. Any suggestions or do I need to keep them seperated for another 8 months?

Karen

Back to top Go down

Persistant male

Post  Anke Zekveld on Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:34 am

Dear Karen,

I have encountered the same problem when Zadorinka came. Our Aleksandr was a lovely little lad, but when she came he turned into a bud sniffing spraying “monster”. The smell she had was triggering him. She probably carried the odor of the adult (maybe in heath) females of cattery Wnterday/ Zimnji Denn.

A friend of mine advised me to use an homeopathic drug that calms the male hormones. It worked perfect. Aleksander has spent many hours a day with our females without a problem. He only got exited when they got in heat. But this I regulated with the pill for females (available in the Netherland, not in many other countries.)

Now he is castrated and his son Ozar is being the stud. He also starts to show the same behavior. As he and his father are living in the stud garden/ house, there is not a problem But when it changes, and he starts to annoy the neighbors he will get the same homeopathic treatment. A few drops a day a few times. Aleksandr loved it.

If you’d like I try to find the name again.

Regards,

Anke
Anke Zekveld

View user profile http://www.nebelung.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: What do I do with a persistent male?

Post  Sereb Haze on Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:40 am

Hi Karen,

Sorry but I never had such problem at my cattery, so I can't help or give any advice.

Bye Kirsten

Sereb Haze

View user profile http://www.nebelung-cattery.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What do I do with a persistent male?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top