What do I need?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do I need?

Post  Maya on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:07 am

Hey again!

As I just told, we are looking around for a new pet/cat/friend. We have some wishes, can you please tell me if the Nebelung is the right friend for us or if we better choose an other breed (see below the ones we like also) I find it very difficult to make the decision for the right breed. I know a breed doesn't say everthing of the character, but most likely if we search in the right breed the match is easier to make.

- Kind, friendly, not fearfull, likes to be around people, ones the know and ones the don't know yet: open character
- Likes to be peted en want to lay on your lap
- Easygoing and relaxed
- Not too playfull, like to play but not wild and always
- Leave the curtains and other furniture als it is :-)
- Not stressfull
- Don't use their nails when the do not like things
- Likes others animals (we also have to rabbits loose in the house

I think a ragdoll (totally different I know ;-) does also fit my whises, can anybody tell me what the big differences between this breeds are? I read a lot but maye someone can tell by experience? We also like the Norwegian Forest cats and Maine Coon>too big.

Thx a lot!

Bey
Maya sunny

Maya

Back to top Go down

Re: What do I need?

Post  Sereb Haze on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:38 am

Hi Maya,

You already know my answer! See you tomorrow!

Best regards,
Kirsten

Sereb Haze

View user profile http://www.nebelung-cattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya on Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:54 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Anke Zekveld on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:11 am

- Kind, friendly, not fearfull, likes to be around people, ones the know and ones the don't know yet: open character
It hard to give a general description in this. My Nisa Sereb Haze loves visitors, but some of my other cats need a few minutes or longer before they go to a visitor. But I do not mind. Visitors leave, good friends are loved but not always the first time Very Happy But all my cats have a major love....... me and Michel......

- Likes to be peted en want to lay on your lap
For me a Nebelung loves to be peted. My cats (8)all have their own moment that they sleep on my lap etc.

- Easygoing and relaxed
Most the time they are easy going, but just like humans, doing something different can be exciting. But they do not lose their trust in you.

- Not too playfull, like to play but not wild and always
Sound like a match. Kittens are ofcourse more wild and playfull, just like childeren. But adult are still playfull and are always happy with something new

- Leave the curtains and other furniture als it is :-)
Training but this is for every breed the same. But they do have nails, so even un intended they can leave a small mark (but this is for every cat). But when the nails are too long, this is especially with cats who live indoors, you can clip them (with a special siccor)

- Not stressfull
Depends on the situation you put them in to, just like humans. They are not stressfull but they are sensitive, but is also their beauty.

- Don't use their nails when the do not like things
They do not do this, but when you push them too far, they might. But this is only in extreme situations.

- Likes others animals (we also have to rabbits loose in the houseI have a group of 8 cats. They live very hapely. But I know also Nebelung who live with other animals.

For me most important about the Nebelung is their intelligence. This makes them a real personality not a pet but a friend !!Wink Wink
Anke Zekveld

View user profile http://www.nebelung.nl

Back to top Go down

What do I need?

Post  vilia on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:39 am

Hello, all!
It is very good breed. MY cat-my favourite, even when it behas outrageously. I love all its tricks. At it wonderful character and very expressive eyes. Very Happy I love you
Regards, vilia Laughing
vilia

View user profile http://nibelung.webstolica.ru/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:17 am

What exactly do you mean with 'Intelligence', can you give some examples? I know horses (one of my favorite animals, I own an Icelandic Horse) who are intellegent and most the time they are not easy to work with. I like pets, specialy for those who lives inside the house, how are uncomplicated (one of my rabbits is, the other is not Neutral) Its easier to understand them and also please them.
For example: my horse is very sensible, intelligent and introvert. It took me nearly 8 years, and sometimes a lot of frustration for both of us, to understand him. Do you know my point of view. Thats my doubt in catbreeds, which are most of the time uncomplicated... Razz

Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  mvanprooyen on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:55 am

I thought I was logged in, but I wasn't... so I'm Maya Laughing Mmm my English is not always as good as I want it to be.. sorry for the mistakes bounce
mvanprooyen

View user profile http://www.mayaderbij.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Anke Zekveld on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:06 am

Maya wrote:What exactly do you mean with 'Intelligence', can you give some examples? I know horses (one of my favorite animals, I own an Icelandic Horse) who are intellegent and most the time they are not easy to work with. I like pets, specialy for those who lives inside the house, how are uncomplicated (one of my rabbits is, the other is not Neutral) Its easier to understand them and also please them.
For example: my horse is very sensible, intelligent and introvert. It took me nearly 8 years, and sometimes a lot of frustration for both of us, to understand him. Do you know my point of view. Thats my doubt in catbreeds, which are most of the time uncomplicated... Razz

Their intelligence does not make them complicated, hmm hard to explain.................. You will see when you visit Kirsten Very Happy Very Happy
Anke Zekveld

Back to top Go down

Post  Anke Zekveld on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:17 am

mvanprooyen wrote:I thought I was logged in, but I wasn't... so I'm Maya Laughing Mmm my English is not always as good as I want it to be.. sorry for the mistakes bounce

It doesn't mather when you do make mistakes. It's about fun in communication and being able to understand each other. The beauty of some mistakes is that it is clear that most of us are not native english spoken and that we live around the globe. So the imperfection also shows our global identity, and the different background that come with it.

Regards,

Anke

P.S. nice avatar. Is this one of your cats? how many do you have?
Anke Zekveld

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:27 am

Anke Zekveld wrote:
mvanprooyen wrote:I thought I was logged in, but I wasn't... so I'm Maya Laughing Mmm my English is not always as good as I want it to be.. sorry for the mistakes bounce

It doesn't mather when you do make mistakes. It's about fun in communication and being able to understand each other. The beauty of some mistakes is that it is clear that most of us are not native english spoken and that we live around the globe. So the imperfection also shows our global identity, and the different background that come with it.

Regards,

Anke

P.S. nice avatar. Is this one of your cats? how many do you have?

Hey, even when you grow up with english as your native language like I have in the USA, doesn't mean
I always say things correctly or spell them right Wink I admire ANYONE who attempts to try a language
different then their own, and mistakes are just part of the game, indeed, most Americans think it is
charming when people in other countries make small mistakes with our language!! Smile
Vicki B

Back to top Go down

Post  vilia on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Hello!
I'm worring. It seems to me, that so badly I know English, that it is a shame to me. Embarassed
I cannot express precisely, what I wish to tell. I'm trying to improve my English. Very Happy ,
Regards, Vilia Very Happy
vilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:56 pm

vilia wrote:Hello!
I'm worring. It seems to me, that so badly I know English, that it is a shame to me. Embarassed
I cannot express precisely, what I wish to tell. I'm trying to improve my English. Very Happy ,
Regards, Vilia Very Happy

If in doubt Vila, here is an online translator that I use for my French since I have not studied it
since high school and that was a LONG time ago unfortunately Very Happy
http://translation2.paralink.com/

You do great with your english. When I do a french translation, I always try to read it over so
some of the words become familiar.
Vicki B

Back to top Go down

Post  mvanprooyen on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:46 am

Grrrrrrrrr Twisted Evil yesterday evening I posted a reply. But this morning I couldn't find it. So I'm going to try it again... Very Happy Great to hear from everyone that they have also difficulty writing in English.. Surprised
Saterday we went to Kirsten, it was lovely, the cats and the little kitten Smile

@Anke: my avatar is our cat Ysja, she lives in my heart Crying or Very sad She lived for only three weeks with us. We adopted her from a shelter. She seemed to be in perfectly shape! Her hair was long, shiny and snowwhite. Her caracter was even better. When I met her the first time, she instantly sat on my lap and gived me all her love and affection, she was pure in heart and soul. I could not resist her faith and love in my. Allthough I did not want to have a white cat Shocked we adopted her and called her Ysja, which means fresh fallen snow in Icelandic. The first day's were great, if she was always at our home. After three day she began to eat less and less and got ill. At first it looked like constipation. But after this was over she still felt sick and did not eat. I nursed her that weeks day and night, feeded her every two to three hours and she was fine with it, and not only because she was ill. This made our connection even stronger. But after a few days in the 3th week she began to eat by herself! So we thought she will get better. But our hope was idle, the vet's last option (after taking pictures and echo's) was to operate. We did, but made the understanding if she was too sick and not had an opportunity to get better, he would put her to sleap. So... she was operated. Her left kidney was no longer a kidney (proberbly cancer) but all her other organs were in perfect shape, so the vet gave her a chance! She came out of anasteatics and we all had very good hopes! But likely she did have too much toxics in her body and died of a heartfailure... two hours after the surgery... That's the story of my Ysja, I miss her everyday, she died on 16th of januari this year...

mvanprooyen

Back to top Go down

Post  Anke Zekveld on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Sad Sad I feel sorry for you Sad Sad

But I'm happy for your lovely Ysja that she did have a someone who loved her in the hard times. And who still loves her.

Anke

P.S. Good to hear that you liked Kirsten her lovely cats.
Anke Zekveld

Back to top Go down

Post  vilia on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:43 pm

How painfully and terribly to lose the favourite. I sympathize with you Sad
Regsrds, Vilia
vilia

Back to top Go down

Re: De quoi ai-je besoin?

Post  bernard on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:21 pm

La fin est toujours triste, mais il y a toujours une fin... Nous avons eu aussi un merveilleux chat Bleu Russe abandonné. Il est mort un an après que nous l'ayons recueilli.... A cause de la bétise des humains. C'était un merveilleux compagnon. Voici de lui la photo que je préfère.

study computer translation
The end is always sad, but there is always an end... We had also a marvellous abandoned Russian Bleu cat. It died one year after she came to live with us.... Because of the bétise of the human ones. It was a marvellous companion. Here of him the photograph which I prefer.

bernard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:56 pm

[quote="mvanprooyen"]
@Anke: my avatar is our cat Ysja, she lives in my heart Crying or Very sad She lived for only three weeks with us. We adopted her from a shelter. She seemed to be in perfectly shape! Her hair was long, shiny and snowwhite. Her caracter was even better. When I met her the first time, she instantly sat on my lap and gived me all her love and affection, she was pure in heart and soul. I could not resist her faith and love in my. That's the story of my Ysja, I miss her everyday, she died on 16th of januari this year... "

It was meant to be, she knew she wanted to pass in a loving home with people who loved her, and
out of all the people who visited that shelter, she chose you. You loved her and helped her in her time
of need, and her payment to you was to love you back, even if only for a few weeks.
Be glad you met and loved her as she loved you. Sad
Vicki

Back to top Go down

Post  laurence on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:13 pm

It is alway painfull to loose a dear friend. In France we say that our feline friends are in the rainbow country and become beautiful shining stars at night.

Your loss is also our's.

- C'est toujours douloureux de perdre un ami. En France nous disons nos amis félins sont dans le pays de l'arc en ciel et deviennent de magnifiques étoiles brillantes la nuit.

Ta perte est aussi la nôtre.

View user profile http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bernard Boucher on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:29 am

Je vous avait promis des photos, elles n'on pas suivi. je vous les joint:

Sacco

Sacco au soleil

Sacco et Ulotte
Bernard Boucher

View user profile http://www.nebelung.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  Anke Zekveld on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Also sorry for you Bernard. Losing a friend is hard.

Anke

P.S. She looks lovely on the photos. I love her face.
Anke Zekveld

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:46 pm

Bernard, she looks very sweet, doesn't she? And content.
Vicki B

study
Bernard, elle semble très douce, n'est-ce pas ? Et contenu.

Back to top Go down

What do I need?

Post  Bernard Boucher on Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 am

Je n'ai pas le vocabulaire pour vous dire la grandeur du vide qu'ils on laissé...

study computer translation

I do not have the vocabulary to tell you the size of the left vacuum ...
Bernard Boucher

View user profile http://www.nebelung.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  vilia on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:51 am

What they fine. Very Happy
As it is terrible to lose them. Sad
Vilia
vilia

Back to top Go down

Post  mvanprooyen on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:02 am

Thx all, for your kind words, its indeed terrible to lose a friend. So also for you Bernard; keep the good en loving memories warm in your heart.
mvanprooyen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum