Tinea - La Teigne

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tinea - La Teigne

Post  laurence on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:06 am

Tinea or the story of Beau’s little hole - La Teigne ou l'histoire du petit trou de Beau

3 months ago, while Beau was sleeping with the 4 legs up, I noticed a little hole in the fur of his belly.

I rummage in his fur and do see, indeed, on the left side, a small place without hair. I do look really well but see nothing. I told myself that this was to be checked regularly. I talked to Beau’s breeder about this little hole and same advice: to be checked.

From time to time I do see again this little hole which seems to be getting somewhat bigger. I rummage again, sometimes without success as Beau has a LOT of hair on his belly! I talked about it to friends: tinea maybe! I do check Beau regularly but no other holes and Courtoise has absolutely nothing.

The other day I do rummage carefully again and see that the little hole has got bigger!!! This time I call and take an appointment with my veterinary, thinking Beau has caught tinea!  How on earth did he catch it? And Courtoise who still has absolutely nothing!!

So yesterday at the vet, I do hold Beau carefully while he growls non stop (funnily enough Beau does not like going to the vet!) while my vet rummages around and finds the hole. We go to the next room where she has the Hood lamp (revealing if a cat has got tinea or not) and she suddenly says: “I know what it is! I’ll nevertheless check with the lamp”. Of course she found NOTHING! NOT one single hint of tinea. My vet was having complete hysterics as she told me to go. I did not have to pay anything of course.

Beau’s litlle hole is ……………………….. his bellybutton!!!!! LOOOOL

And as Beau these last months is growing to take his definitive shape as a Chartreux male, the little hole is getting bigger.

I laughed all the way back home and I am still laughing!

I shall put a picture of the little hole as soon as possible!
________________________________________________________________________________

Il y a 3 mois de ça, alors que Beau dormait les 4 fers en l'air, j'aperçois un petit trou dans sa fourrure sur le ventre.

Je farfouille et je vois qu'effectivement, du côté gauche, il y a bien un petit endroit sans poil. Je regarde bien mais je ne vois rien du tout. Je me dis donc, à surveiller. J'en parle quand même à Hélène, l'éleveuse de Beau, et pareil : à surveiller.

De temps à autre, je revois ce petit trou qui a l'air de s'agrandir un petit peu.... Je refarfouille aussi mais pas toujours avec succès (il a tellement de poils sur le ventre !). J'en parle à des amies, la teigne peut-être ! Je surveille bien mais Beau n'a rien d'autre et Courtoise rien du tout !

Et avant-hier, je refarfouille bien et je m'aperçois que le petit trou s'est agrandi !!! Cette fois-ci, je prends rendez-vous chez ma véto en me disant, c'est la teigne !!! Sad Mais comment a-t-il fait pour l'attraper ? Et Courtoise qui n'a strictement rien !

Je reviens à l'instant de chez ma véto...... Je tiens bien Beau qui gronde sans discontinuer (comme à son habitude d'ailleurs chez le véto) et ma véto farfouille et trouve le trou ! Hop, nous passons à côté pour la lampe de Hood (qui révèle s'il s'agit bien de la teigne ou pas) quand ma véto me dit : Je sais ce que c'est ! Je vérifie quand même avec la lampe... et bien sur RIEN ! PAS de teigne. Ma véto était pliée en 2 de rire !!! Elle m'a dit "Aller, filer ! Je ne marque rien sur l'ordinateur !" et ne m'a pas fait payer bien sur

Le petit trou de Beau est ...................... son nombril !!!!!! PTDR

Et comme Beau ces derniers mois éclate pour prendre ses belles formes de matou chartreux, il s'épaissit et le petit trou s'agrandit donc.

J'ai rigolé comme une baleine tout le chemain du retour et j'en pleure encore de rire.

Je mets une photo du petit trou dès que possible !

Last edited by laurence on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tinea - La Teigne

Post  Sereb Haze on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:25 am

Haha his belly-button. How funny!

Have a nice day, bye Kirsten

Sereb Haze

View user profile http://www.nebelung-cattery.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleen on Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:12 am

Thank God Beau only has the holes that he is supposed to have!
I am sometimes a bit anxious to about my cats' health. It could have happened to me also. Very funny though.

Greetings,

Marleen
Marleen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mvanprooyen on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:53 am

Great to hear I'm not the only one who is worried sometimes Great LOLLLLLLL!
My boyfriend once went to the vet for his screaming cat (who just had fallen off the door Shocked). He thought she was in pain and maybe was injured. But no way... she was only screaming for a male cat! Pushed a button when fallen off the door Rolling Eyes
mvanprooyen

View user profile http://www.mayaderbij.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Anke Zekveld on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:45 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha... So recognisable...... Hahahahahaha

Regards,

Anke
Anke Zekveld

View user profile http://www.nebelung.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Olena O'ksandr on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:49 pm

Very funny! lol!

Looking forward to the picture. Wink
Olena O'ksandr

View user profile http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=Y7DLYQH3

Back to top Go down

Post  laurence on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:09 am

Excellent Maya the story of your boyfriend with his screaming cat! LOOOOL
- Excellente Maya l'histoire de ton boyfriend avec son chat hurlant !

And now 2 pictures taken yesterday at night, alas, so not of good quality.
- Et voici les 2 photos prises hier soir donc pas d'excellente qualité hélas.

Beau ready for the rummaging!
- Beau en position pour le farfouillage !

THE hole! - LE trou !

View user profile http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum