Vocal skills

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vocal skills

Post  FatCat on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:57 pm

I've got a question for you all.

We've had cats for over eighteen years now, and our first cats were very vocal. They mastered a whole spectrum of sounds, from meowing to murmuring, muttering to ear-shattering howls.

Maschutka is a talkative cat as well. She has what I consider a full range of cat sounds.

Mist however is now seven and a half months old and doesn't know how to meow. When he makes a sound, it sounds - for lack of a better description - like someone is trying to strangle him.

Has anyone else noticed the same with their Nebelungs or is Mstislav the little monster an exception?

It isn't as if he didn't have the chance to learn from his mother, because he's never been separated from Maschutka for more than a day (when she went in to the vet's to be spayed).
FatCat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vocal skills

Post  Jannanas on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Can't imagine how Mist sounds Shocked
Raezir mostly peeps "Mi" or "Me" - in a sad or almost piteous way... Sometimes even like he could burst into tears any minute Suspect
The only time when he raised his voice in the past was once in the car. And I emphasize: once. Smile
What a difference compared to Nanno, who can sing, scream, shout and moan. Especially when he knows he's getting fed. Laughing
Jannanas

View user profile http://www.catography.be

Back to top Go down

Post  laurence on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Cannot help you there! Dwimordene has opinions and likes to share them with all....

View user profile http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleen on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:25 am

Bink does the very soft peep-thing, "prrriiiiii", mostly as a greeting and for letting you know where he is (that is, if he wants you to know Wink ). That is why we call him Pi sometimes. When he meows louder it is mostly a sign of being upset or really want something done from you, "let me out now". You can almost hear a questionmark in his voice "why" or "please". His ears will go a bit down when he does that, it looks really funny. But it is still not very loud.

Lola's voice is also very soft, she communicates a lot by bodyposture. Meowing by her can be heard when she is really glad to see you or when she does not want to be handled any more.

Ullie really talks back to you. She is a real chatterbox. We can have discussions together. She is sometimes calling very loud to enquire for my where abouts. Or insisting to get attention. Snart also "talks".

Hakim has a soft wheezy tone in his voice. Very sexy. But being a fully functional boy he will call out to the girls very loudly also. Mostly in the staircase for extra sound effect.
Marleen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jannanas on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:15 am

Love your post Marleen...! Very amusing Very Happy
Jannanas

View user profile http://www.catography.be

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content