Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ?

4 posters

Go down

My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ? Empty My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ?

Post  Marijke Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:25 am

Hello !

I'm new on this forum, but I have questions about Nebelungs : my mother lives in a place where there are a lot of cats who live alone in the nature. Once one of these wilde cats, an european female, made a baby at my mother house, and my mother keeped him.
It was a strange female cat, quite thin, with black/dark blue long hair. She was very nice but did really not look like a european.
This cat made four babies : two european babies, with a european look, and two thin blue long haired cats. She gave me one of these, and the kitten became a really nice cat, who really looks like a nebelung, but with yellow eyes and not green eyes. Could it be that it is really a nebelung ? How to be sure ? Do you know any organisation in France of Belgium, who could answer to my questions ?

Here is my cat :

My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ? Opale10
My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ? Photos10
My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ? Photos11

Thank you very much for your answers,

Marieke

Marijke

Back to top Go down

My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ? Empty Re: My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ?

Post  Marieke Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:12 am

Here is a nicest picture of my cat (I am Marijke) :

My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ? Photos12
Marieke
Marieke

Back to top Go down

My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ? Empty My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible

Post  Bernard Boucher Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:38 am

c'est un très joli chat, mais les yeux verts sont une obligation. De plus le visage est plutôt rond. Les Nebelung ont un visage plus triangulaire.
c'est néanmoins un très joli chat.

study Computer translation

It is a very pretty cat, but the green eyes are an obligation. The face is rather round, a Nebelung has a more triangular face. it is nevertheless a very pretty cat
Bernard Boucher
Bernard Boucher

http://www.nebelung.fr

Back to top Go down

My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ? Empty Re: My cat looks like a nebelung, but is it possible ?

Post  laurence Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Hello Marijke,

Well the experts have answered your question. Nevertheless, your cat is really superb!
For your information, my avatar picture is not a nebelung Smile

Hello Marijke,

Et bien les experts ont répondu à ta question. Néanmoins, ton chat est vraiment superbe !
Pour info, la photo de mon avatar n'est pas un nebelung Smile
laurence
laurence

http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Anke Zekveld Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:14 pm

You have a lovely cat but I agree with Bernard his arguments. There are many lovely house hold pets (I have 2 myself). And you have a special one.

A cat breed is not only look-a like but also about genetic predictability. Cats who look similar, but who will also give quite alike kittens. Your beautiful description of the ancestors of your cat describes a magical ball with all kind of beautiful cats coming out. Natural beauty is very exiting, with all kind of colors etc. but not a breed.

But like Bernard, I do think you have a lovely friend
Anke Zekveld
Anke Zekveld

http://www.nebelung.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Marieke Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:06 am

Thank you very much for your answers. So it is a european... I asked this because I read that the first reappeared nebelung in the '80 was coming from a european, but it is perhaps not true...

I whish you good luck with your cats, who are very beautiful too Smile

Marieke
Marieke
Marieke

Back to top Go down

Post  Anke Zekveld Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:55 am

Dear Marieke,

Thanks for showing your lovely cat.

You are right about the first Nebelung. They are born, like every breed at the start, out of house hold pets / cats without pedigree. But between the start of the breed and the now many things have changed.

Of course a breed or non breed cat doesn’t make a difference about the love you give your cat. The cat that sleeps on my pillow is my lovely household pet, Vishnu. I love her to bits, but she is not a breed. I do not care about it, and she and my other cats do not care either. Only for breeding her back ground is important.

Your friend is beautiful and sweet that is all that matters,

Anke
Anke Zekveld
Anke Zekveld

http://www.nebelung.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:38 am

Might I add that this is a lovely cat, but not a Nebelung, I call then Nebelung wanna be's.
But that doesn't mean your kitty doesn't have great value to you as a lovely companion for many
years to come.
Also, I know in TICA, you could show your cat in the HHP class, which means HouseHold Pet, and is for any
random bred cat without a pedigree who is desexed. It is a very competitive class of kitties and you can get titles on your HHP cats too if you go to enough shows and win enough rings. It is always a good way to start
showing cats, other than maybe a desexed pedigreed cat, as it gets you into the showhalls meeting people and having fun with your kitty for a couple week-ends a year.
That is providing your cat is willing to show, some are, some are not.
Vicki

Back to top Go down

Post  Marieke Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:14 am

Thank you very much for all this information. I love my cat so much, it's no importance for me if it is a nebelung or not. It was only pure curiosity : I find her so different, physically of course but also her personality is different from all the HPP cats I had.
I never went to any shows, but why not ? Wink

Marieke
Marieke
Marieke

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:04 am

Marieke wrote:Thank you very much for all this information. I love my cat so much, it's no importance for me if it is a nebelung or not. It was only pure curiosity : I find her so different, physically of course but also her personality is different from all the HPP cats I had.
I never went to any shows, but why not ? Wink

Marieke

I am not sure where you live, but there are cat shows put on by all sorts of cat associations all over Europe.
Not sure where you would check, we here in the USA can check in the magazine called "Cat Fancy", I am sure there is something similar there. You can also visit the websites of the coming shows for TICA at this link:
http://ticamembers.org/calendar/index.htm

and see if there is any being held near you, then you can go as a spectator and see all the wonderful cats, watch the judges and see if it is something your kitty might tolerate. There is usually a nominal entry fee to the cat shows. They can be noisey and you can watch how the judges handle the kitties and see if your kitty would allow it, and if so, maybe you can enter it at another show. You can also meet the other HHP exhibitors and talk to them about what it might take to get your kitty show ready! And, if you decide your kitty would not like it, no problem, you have still had a nice outing for the day and seen lots of beautiful cats!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down