Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, new to board and have a question

2 posters

Go down

Hello, new to board and have a question Empty Hello, new to board and have a question

Post  dobiecrested Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Just found this site and look forward to talking with everyone. I would like to know if there is a certain breed traits that would help to identify a Nebelung. My husband and I adopted a kitten on 7/1/10. He was about 7-8 weeks old at the time. He just turned 1. I made his birthday 5/1. Anyway, I show dogs (dobermans and chinese cresteds) and I have a good eye for picking up on certain "traits" that maybe somebody else might not. He is most likely a Domestic Medium hair cat but............when I saw the pics of the Nebelung I could not believe how much he looked like one. I can try to post a pic. Traits the I see are, the "look" of a smile all the time as the russian blue has. He has mauve colored pads. His coat in general looks soooo much like the pics I have seen. The only thing that he does not have, is the bottle green eyes of a russian blue. His are yellowish in color. You can see slight hints of green around his pupil but not the whole eye. SO, long story short, is there any traits that MUST be there or Must not be there to rule out the fact a cat is a Nebelung or not. As I stated above, I will try and attach a pic of chase for you to see. Thank you so much in advance. Oh, also he has tufts of hair on the inside of ears, and the long fur coming out of the tops of his feet and bottom of pads. Thank you.

dobiecrested

Back to top Go down

Hello, new to board and have a question Empty Re: Hello, new to board and have a question

Post  laurence Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:40 am

Hi Dobie,

The only way to know is if the cat has a pedigree. No pedigree = a straycat albeit a lovely one! Very Happy

A Nebelung has full green eyes as all Russians do.
laurence
laurence

http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum