Hello I'm new to the forum!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello I'm new to the forum!

Post  Karina Kaiser on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:13 am

Hello! My name is Karina and I have a 7 month old male kitten named Allonsy. I think he might be Nebelung!! I adopted him when he was 5 months old from an animal shelter but the shelter did not provide any information about his parents. He is very playful and loving. He loves to sleep on my lap while I watch tv or sit at my computer desk. He does get a little shy when there are a lot of people visiting the house. He also shows signs of high intelligence compared to previous cats I've owned. I have a question about the Nebelung breed's coat. Is the coat always true blue/silver or are there white spot variations? My kitten has all blue/silver coat except for a white spot of fur on his chest and white at the bottom of his belly in between his hind legs. He has medium long hair all the way to his silky plumed tail. His eyes are mostly yellow but as he's growing I've noticed a hint of green starting to show up in the center iris around his pupils and a light ring of green on the outer edges of his eye. I will post plenty more pictures of him later, but here is one for start Smile

UPDATE: I just learned that there is a Russian Blue and Nebelung breeder in the area not too far from the shelter I adopted Allonsy from. Is it possible he might have come from there? I could see why a breeder would leave him at the shelter...he doesn't meet the pedigree show standards since he has a white spot and yellow/green eyes.

Last edited by Karina Kaiser on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Karina Kaiser

View user profile http://www.jpgmag.com/people/agentk

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello I'm new to the forum!

Post  Bernard Boucher on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Welcomme Karina.
Bernard Boucher

View user profile http://www.nebelung.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  laurence on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:15 am

Hello Karina,

Welcome to the forum. Your Alonsy is a lovely kitten and lucky to have found you as his devoted slave! Very Happy

Karina Kaiser wrote:...
UPDATE: I just learned that there is a Russian Blue and Nebelung breeder in the area not too far from the shelter I adopted Allonsy from. Is it possible he might have come from there? I could see why a breeder would leave him at the shelter...he doesn't meet the pedigree show standards since he has a white spot and yellow/green eyes.

I truly believe that no breeder would do such a terrible thing. We love all our kittens whether they meet the standards or not and always strive to find the perfect slave(s) for them. Very Happy

View user profile http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karina Kaiser on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:16 am

Ahh I see. I meant no offense to any breeders. My apologies. But the shelter was a No-Kill shelter meaning Allonsy was safe and not in danger of being euthanized. Maybe it possible Allonsy was naturally occuring? Maybe a Russian blue male accidently left the house and went on adventure with a domestic long hair female Laughing oh well if he is not Nebelung it doesn't matter I still love him dearly and feel blessed to have him in my life. He is really good at copying Nebelungs though!!
Karina Kaiser

View user profile http://www.jpgmag.com/people/agentk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top