Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

like the others

3 posters

Go down

like the others Empty like the others

Post  tootsiepop Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:40 pm

i too like the others...
think my cat is a Nebelung. i find it a bummer a lot of the replies are "no pedigree=housecat". this is a fairly new breed that arose on its own. i get that there are truly breeders out there working hard on breeding true Nebelungs but its hard to discount the physical and behavioral characterists of all these other cats that are propping up everywhere. it is such a beautiful cat. and when i stumbled upon the breed on the internet and read about it, it was like that's GRAYSON. as i'm sure the rest of you thought of your cats!! as i'm sure the others agree we can't "officially" say our cats are Nebelungs in the sense we can't go out and do the cat shows and breeding, but what's the harm in coming on things like this and in conversation and saying my nebelung... so i'm okay with not have the "certificate" to go with my cat. i know what he is.
that's my little soapbox.

anyway i have a few questions (this is my first household pet)
do any of you deal with play biting/love biting? and how to redirect from that?
are any of you multi pet households? how do nebelungs respond to other pets?

tootsiepop

Back to top Go down

like the others Empty Re: like the others

Post  Danny747 Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:14 am

Hi, im another one with no papers but he looks more like a nebelung than some of the pictures on here..... "im just saying", i have another can which is of an oriental type and a staffy cross, he gets on with both of them very well Smile, what age is your cat ??

Danny747

Back to top Go down

Post  tootsiepop Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Grayson is about a year old now.

tootsiepop

Back to top Go down

Post  wdburt1 Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:47 pm

Unfortunately, we are still the unwashed here.

The forum administrator herself is the leading gendarme ensuring that all those who lack a pedigree are denied the right to call their cats "Nebelung."

This place is owned and run by the breeders.

wdburt1

Back to top Go down

Post  wdburt1 Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:57 pm

This is how this forum is run.

Shortly before February 20, the administrator, Laurence, posted a reply to one of my posts criticizing the fact that the breeders control the definition of "Nebelung" here and use it to disparage all non-pedigreed cats as "street cats" or "house cats." In that reply, she asserted simply that I should talk to a breeder.

I challenged her to actually reply to my post. Instead of doing so, she removed it. Then she added two posts to this locked thread:

https://nebelung.forumotion.com/t840-is-my-cat-a-nebelung

These posts repeated that people who want to know whether their cat is a Nebelung should talk to a breeder. The second new post noted that this forum is all but dead, confirming my point that the moderators have killed it with their refusal to acknowledge any Nebelung without pedigree. All you people who wonder whether your cat is a Nebelung can take a hike, in their view. I look at your photos and often say that, yeah, this must be the same breed as my Nebelung cat.

My posts were never replied to in any substance and have been removed.

Case closed.

wdburt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum