Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aquired a new kitty :-)

2 posters

Go down

Aquired a new kitty :-) Empty Aquired a new kitty :-)

Post  nancy1218 Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:30 am

Hey everyone,
New to the forum here because I just got a 1.5 month old female kitten Nebelung. Named her Anastazia :-D
I just got her a few days ago. I have a little problem though. I'm not sure if I'm feeding her right. Her #2 business is watery, and light brown and she "cries" when she goes. I stopped feeding her the dry kitten food (recommended by the previous owner/breeder) and am now feeding her mother's milk substitute hoping to ease her stomach. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Otherwise she's extremely playful, likes to cuddle, but not as much as playing as evidenced by some restless nights! :-D

Thanks all!

nancy1218

Back to top Go down

Aquired a new kitty :-) Empty Re: Aquired a new kitty :-)

Post  laurence Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:08 am

Hello Nancy, welcome to the forum.

Are you sure you did not do a typo with the age of Anastazia??? 1,5 month old is far too young for a kitten to be separated from her mother! At this age, the kitten is only starting to eat dry food... If she was eating dry food, keep giving it to her as well as giving her milk substitute.

It is normal that she cries when going to the litter. All kittens do that at first.
laurence
laurence

http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nancy1218 Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Hey,
Yes I'm sure I didnt get the age wrong. I know it's a very young age to take away the baby from her mother.
I will follow your advice and keep giving her the dry kitten food and milk substitute. She's been a lot better though. She plays so much, runs around, where ever I go, she goes! And she greets me at the door and is very talkative. When she first arrived, she was scared and maybe depressed but her behavior changed and I feel she's happy in her new home and new mommy. Surprised)

nancy1218

Back to top Go down

Post  laurence Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 am

OK. You'll have to replace her mother and continue to educate her though.
laurence
laurence

http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down