Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mourning the Loss of My Girl

3 posters

Go down

Mourning the Loss of My Girl Empty Mourning the Loss of My Girl

Post  Mouse's Mom Sat May 05, 2012 7:38 am

Only 2 days ago I discovered that my beautiful girl was a Nebelung. What I did know was that she was incredible... Independent, sweet, loving, intelligent. I had the pleasure of being her Mom for nearly 20 years (20 yrs in July).
She had been one of an abandoned litter in Atlanta in 1992. She passed away just 2 weeks ago and I am heartbroken.

What a talker.. We had lengthy conversations. I could understand every meow. While she followed me everywhere, she never sat in my lap until she was 16, then she wouldn't get out of my lap, begged to be carried around, became a total love bug. Hide and seek was her favorite game... She would meow, then wait, meow again, then quiet. She would continue until I began the search... As soon as I was near her, she went totally silent and motionless, waiting for me to find her hiding spot!

I learned early that she didn't like kids or other excitement, though she loved it when I played the piano. I made every effort to protect her from stress, which is what I think contributed to her long life. As much as I loved her, don't know if I can get another Nebelung, it feels like it would be disrespectful to such a great friend to get another... She just can't be replaced.

For those of you raising Nebelungs for showing and breeding, please don't forget that the most outstanding feature of these guys is their amazing, loving, calm nature. Anyone can get a cat, but a Nebelung is far more than that, he's an amazing friend. I miss her terribly. Folks, go give your babies a hug in Mousey's honor. Thank you.

Last edited by Mouse's Mom on Sat May 05, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to wrong section?)

Mouse's Mom

Back to top Go down

Mourning the Loss of My Girl Empty Re: Mourning the Loss of My Girl

Post  laurence Sun May 06, 2012 3:48 am

Thank you for your message. You had each other for 20 years of love and joy. My heart bleeds for you. Sad Sad Sad
Mouse can never be replaced of course. She will always occupy a part of your heart. Give yourself time to mourn her. One day, you will be ready to have another cat, even a Nebelung and Mouse will be glad for you.

Rest assured that we do not forget how incredible Nebs are. When breeding, temperament is at the top of the list of selection. Smile

laurence
laurence

http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bernard Boucher Thu May 17, 2012 12:35 am

It is the goal of our work.
A very long life and excellent character.
Bernard Boucher
Bernard Boucher

http://www.nebelung.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down