Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salutations fellow Nebelung lovers

3 posters

Go down

Salutations fellow Nebelung lovers Empty Salutations fellow Nebelung lovers

Post  BellaFaye Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Hello. Smile My name is Isabella, but most people call me Bella. I've had my Nebelung for almost 11 months. His name is Knightley, and we got him from the local humane society when he was about two months old, putting him at a little over a year old. At first my family and I had no idea what he was; we just thought he was a rather odd cat. About a month ago, however, I was on wikipedia looking through the list of cat breeds, and I clicked on the Nebelung page. As soon as I saw the picture, I knew that Knightley had to be the same kind of cat. I did extensive research on them, and I am now 100% certain he is a Nebelung; everything fits him perfectly. He is the sweetest, most amazing cat I've ever had, and I absolutely adore him. I plan on trying to find another one in the next 1-3 years, once I move out of my parent's house. There is no way I'd leave him behind, and they are happier with fellow Nebelungs. Anyway, I am in love with this breed, and that's basically it. Smile
BellaFaye
BellaFaye

Back to top Go down

Salutations fellow Nebelung lovers Empty Re: Salutations fellow Nebelung lovers

Post  laurence Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:57 am

Welcome Bella. Your Knightley was lucky to have found you. Very Happy

When you are going to start looking for a Nebelung, it will be difficult as to date, there's only 1 Nebelung breeder left in USA (to my knowledge). However there might another 2 in the near future.
laurence
laurence

http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Salutations fellow Nebelung lovers Empty Wonderful Cats

Post  Lovemynebelung Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:06 am

I also adopted my cat from a cat resuce program. When I got my Norman almost a year and a half ago, he was so tiny and very fluffy in a messy looking way. His hair changed over the 1st few months several times. I couldn't tell if he was going to a long hair or med. hair, it was always messy looking and several different lenghts. I have always had cats in my life so I have known many cats, however my Norman was and is like no other cat I have ever met.
He has always been so full of personality, friendly, cuddly and very active. He is an indoor cat. He gets into anything and everything. Nothing is safe, he loves to rip up paper and cardboard with his teeth. Love to play fetch and loves to ride on my shoulder or my back. He jumps on my back to get to my shoulder all the time. Thank god the bigger he has got the better he is at jumping up without hurting me.
I try to tell people about how odd and different he is from any other cat, but they never really fully understand what I mean beacuse they don't live with him. I just the other day decided to google "cats with long hair between their toes and beind their ears" and that is when I found pictures and info about this breed.
It was shocking to read over and over on different sites the exact description of my Norman and his habits. He is totally more like a dog than my actual dog is. He follows me everywhere and is alway at the door to greet me. I can tell he knows when I am getting ready for work and is not happy that I am leaving even if there are other family members home with him. I am very sure that he must be a mixed breed however he 100% has the personality of the Nebelung. Also his coat is exactly as the Nebelung is described with the exception on the color. He looks black in most light. The long hair between his toes is a silver color as well as the tuffs behind his ears and on the back of his legs but not as silver as between his toes.
here I thought I had found a one of a kind very different kitty I am so happy to have found that he is not a one of a kind and that there are many people that have found this wonderful breed and have stories to share.
Lovemynebelung
Lovemynebelung

Back to top Go down

Salutations fellow Nebelung lovers Empty Re: Salutations fellow Nebelung lovers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum