Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting my Boo Boo a friend

2 posters

Go down

Getting my Boo Boo a friend Empty Getting my Boo Boo a friend

Post  mariakyann Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Hey guys, I need some advice! Our Boo Boo is 3 years old, a male, and very spoiled. He is a house cat, still has his claws, and is terrified of leaving the house. He is an only kitty and loves attention. However, we are thinking that he needs a friend. We attempted to introduce a new male kitten into the house when he was 1, but it did not go well. He tried to kill the kitten. Now, we went about the introduction wrong. I basically brought him in and said "here Boo Boo, meet your new friend." Very bad of me. If we do this again, I will read up on the proper way to bring a new animal into a house. Also, we will get a female.

Now, we do go away on the weekends, leaving him alone (with someone to check in, of course.) I would like to get him a friend so that he not only isn't alone, but so that he may also one day be more accepting of a baby in the house.

What do you guys think? Is he too old/young to try? Should we wait till he's older and more mellow?

Any advice is appreciated!

Mariah
mariakyann
mariakyann

Back to top Go down

Getting my Boo Boo a friend Empty Re: Getting my Boo Boo a friend

Post  Admin Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:33 pm

This should give you a pretty good idea of what to do.  However since your Boo Boo tried to kill the kitten, I would first contact a cat behaviourist before getting another kitten.

http://www.azhumane.org/adopt-a-pet/pet-behavior-tips/ (look for Introducing your new cat to others link)

You should also check out Jackson Galaxy's page for introducing cats. His methods are great.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://nebelung.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum