Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed?

5 posters

Go down

Nebelung?

Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? I_vote_lcap100%Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]
Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? I_vote_lcap0%Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? Empty Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed?

Post  lolitakali Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:11 pm

Hi all!

Just wanted to drop a hello to everyone here plus an intro for
Pepper la fée verte

I have recently bought a cat from a breeder who claimed that my little girl here is a "nebelung", but the papers she showed me says a "russian blue"?
Anyways, this is only day 2 I've got her & out of much google on "nebelung" it have brought me to this forum... so please give me your expert advise if you can, I do thank everyone in advance.

Because the breeder is going off on a couple month long vacation overseas, I got my baby at week 10plus.
I do have to sign the contract with the breeder etc.. & my gal has already been spayed, tested on Feline Aids, dewormed, got all the shots she is supposed to get at 10 weeks.
Except for rabis which is my part & I have gotten her an appointment to the vet on Tuesday.

She is my very first cat, so I am really trying my very best for her... but would love all the advises from experts.

She showed most all traits of a genuine nebelung... from personality to standards (at least from my stand-point as little as I know from my own observations).

Here are a few pics to start...

Ghost tabby markings? She is a solid blue at a different angle in sheen...
Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? P1010181

Side head profile, straight nose & angle plus chin, ear high at the peak atop head with long turfs of hair... hair on the head shorter than the rest of the body...
Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? P1010184

Ovalish eyes yellow with green halo round pupil & charcoal nose... I think she is going to be a green eyed beauty.
Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? P1010175

Pantaloons on hind legs? Her body do have 2 type of hair, longer 1 inch plus and a very dense inner coat. More ghost markings (info: the lighter grey "circles" on her body disappear when brushed backwards)??
Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? P1010178

Angle where the ghost tabby markings disappear, fur length in a different light... a longish "foreign" body shape?
Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? P1010180

One more...
P.S. she does have grey colored paws with generous tuffs of hair in-between, she also seem to have that longish foreign body shape.

Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? P1010179-1
Personality:
This cat really is super duper intelligent...
used her bathroom without problem even with a change in environment at day one.

She is very curious but very gentle with my daughters, no biting, no scratching.

We have been through 2 nights of movies & each time, she just hang out with us just like one happy family for at least 3/4 of the movie...
she is so docile and just lay with us against all of us (not all at once but we all do fit into our sectional sofa).

She is already waiting by the door for my daughters & already followed them all around the house.

Yes... I can understand why all you folks here are so passionate about your beautiful "creature of the mists"... I am in love with my kitty already.

I love you [b][i]
[i]

Last edited by lolitakali on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

lolitakali

Back to top Go down

Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? Empty Re: Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed?

Post  Anke Zekveld Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations with your lovely kitten.

It is a good question. I can imagine that you are puzzled at the moment. But there are some very likely explanations.

First of all: if she has Russian Blue papers, but has longhair, she is a Nebelung.

Possibly both her parents are Russian Blue. So it was not very likely that she would have long hair. Short hair is dominant over longhair, shorthair cats can carry the longhair gene.

It could also be that she has Nebelung in her lines. Hence the longhair.

Could you show us her pedigree (or telll who are her parents and grandparents?) and tell the country bought your kitten? Then it is more easy to explain.
(regulations by cat clubs a diffent in across the world -You can also sent pedigree to my privat mail: info@nebelung.nl. If you dislike to post it open on a forum)

This picture might explain some thing extra

Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? 1652656982_bad24329d3

Last edited by Anke Zekveld on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : noticed a mistake in spelling)
Anke Zekveld
Anke Zekveld

http://www.nebelung.nl

Back to top Go down

Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? Empty Re: Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed?

Post  laurence Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:20 am

Welcome to the forum lolitakali Very Happy
laurence
laurence

http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lolitakali Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Anke Zekveld wrote:Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations with your lovely kitten.

It is a good question. I can imagine that you are puzzled at the moment. But there are some very likely explanations.

First of all: if she Russian Blue papers, but has longhair, she is a Nebelung.

Possibly both her parents are Russian Blue. So it was not very likely that she would have long hair. Short hair is dominant over longhair, shorthair cats can carry the longhair gene.

It could also be that she has Nebelung in her lines. Hence the longhair.

Could you show us her pedigree (or telll who are her parents and grandparents?) and tell the country bought your kitten? Then it is more easy to explain.
(regulations by cat clubs a diffent in across the world -You can also sent pedigree to my privat mail: info@nebelung.nl. If you dislike to post it open on a forum)

This picture might explain some thing extra

Think my girl is a nebelung??? Or am I scammed? 1652656982_bad24329d3

Thanks for the great info and advise, Anke Z.

I think Pepper's father's mom is direct from the ******** (I removed the cattery name. See below - Anke) line & her mom I really don't know but per the breeder is a Russian Blue too.
She still have the papers and said something about updating info on them and will give them to me after she has also confirmed the kitty is really going to be OK with my family (me being a first time kitty owner and all & I do admit that I have a lot more to learn being a mommy "as in owning a cat" Shocked let alone a "Nebelung" breed {so advise, advises}).
I am also supposed to do a photo log & vet log on Pepper meanwhile... so I will continue to keep up with postings.

lolitakali

Back to top Go down

Post  lolitakali Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:27 pm

laurence wrote:Welcome to the forum lolitakali Very Happy

Thank you so much!

lolitakali

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Whether Nebelung or not - she is sooo pretty!!! I love you I love you I love you
Kristina
Kristina

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maroon-5-Frotka-First-Nebelung-Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:13 am

flower

I did remove the name of the cattery. Direct from a line can also be second or even third generation.
Russian Blue breeders only want to breed shorthair, any rumor without pedigree is not wanted.

It could be like saying I did breed a white Nebelung. For me the Nebelung only comes in blue. But somebody I sold a kitten to, mixed the kitten with a white russian blue (with longhair gene). lol!

But it does not change a thing about your/ the lovely Pepper. And I'm still looking forward to see her pedigree. Then one can determine why she has longhair.

P.S. I'm looking forward to see the blog and many photos
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://nebelung.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lolitakali Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Admin wrote: flower

I did remove the name of the cattery. Direct from a line can also be second or even third generation.
Russian Blue breeders only want to breed shorthair, any rumor without pedigree is not wanted.

It could be like saying I did breed a white Nebelung. For me the Nebelung only comes in blue. But somebody I sold a kitten to, mixed the kitten with a white russian blue (with longhair gene). lol!

But it does not change a thing about your/ the lovely Pepper. And I'm still looking forward to see her pedigree. Then one can determine why she has longhair.

P.S. I'm looking forward to see the blog and many photos

Oops sorry I do apologize... I didn't know better.
I am really a "greenie" at this.
alien

But I am planing to get better educated study for my little precious bundle cat .

Be going on an overnight trip with her tomorrow too... that should be fun!

lolitakali

Back to top Go down

Post  lolitakali Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Kristina wrote:Whether Nebelung or not - she is sooo pretty!!! I love you I love you I love you

Thanks, she is beautiful and is so well behaved too that I cannot believe that a kitten with that kind of personality like hers existed.

I can carry her frequently without her bolting unlike so many other cats I know; she is so patient with me Shocked .
And she is totally not rowdy at all even in "play"... a very well mannered gentle lady cat.
No scratches & no biting (on anyone), only a few "plucking" at the carpets so far.

cool cat!

lolitakali

Back to top Go down

Post  Anke Zekveld Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:56 pm

It is great to read that you are so happy with your Pepper!!!

I do not know where you are traveling from and to, but mind.
Rabies should only be given after the kitten is 12 weeks. It is a pesky vacination, which can give a reaction. The vacination should be atleast one month in the kitten before you can cross a border (atleast in Europe).
A microchip is also needed. For traveling abroad and for savety around the house.

Does your Pepper has a scratching post? That is always good for cats and furniture. Very Happy
Anke Zekveld
Anke Zekveld

http://www.nebelung.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  lolitakali Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Anke Zekveld wrote:It is great to read that you are so happy with your Pepper!!!

I do not know where you are traveling from and to, but mind.
Rabies should only be given after the kitten is 12 weeks. It is a pesky vacination, which can give a reaction. The vacination should be atleast one month in the kitten before you can cross a border (atleast in Europe).
A microchip is also needed. For traveling abroad and for savety around the house.

Does your Pepper has a scratching post? That is always good for cats and furniture. Very Happy

Thank you Anke!!!
I sooo adore Pepper la fée verte (DH gave the full name after his fav. drink).
I'll definitely be microchipping Pepper (what a great idea), and about the info on Rabies.

I was just crossing the state line border in US, still a 4 hour drive... and US are pretty relax when it comes to the regular pet traveling.
And an update on Nebelungs as travel pet... Pepper is such a champ!cheers
Again, a great display of patience for the humans.... it slept almost the whole entire trip in its carrier (what a great kitty I love you).

We also introduced her to our extended family (big birthday picnic bash at my Father-I-L's house) cross the states and she is kinda "inspected" by my Sister-in-law who raise Maine Coons and have gotten some valuable info also. study She is a perfect kitty to all she was introduced to (what a sweet heart to behaved so well when carried around too).

Pepper has 2 scratching post already, thinking about buying a 3rd.

lolitakali

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 pm

Good to hear the trip went well!!!

Anke
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://nebelung.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down