Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from South Australia

+2
laurence
bluecats
6 posters

Go down

Hi from South Australia Empty Hi from South Australia

Post  bluecats Tue May 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Cloe. I am owned by two gorgeous Ragdoll cats - Jake & Jaz. I have admired Russian Blues from afar for a while now at shows however it wasn't until recently that I learned of the beautiful breed Nebelung. They aren't accepted here in Australia and I don't know anyone that has imported one but I hope to see them in Australia one day very soon, they are gorgeous and I would love to welcome one into my family as a much loved family member, as well as showing him or her on the South Australian show bench to promote this beautiful breed. I look forward to learning more about them on this forum and seeing photos of all your beautiful cats and kittens. Smile

Cloe
bluecats
bluecats

Back to top Go down

Hi from South Australia Empty Re: Hi from South Australia

Post  laurence Wed May 04, 2011 12:21 am

Hi Chloe, Welcome to the forum Very Happy

I am sure you will find lots of infos about the Nebelung. Yes indeed it is a magnificent breed! And so gentle and sweet Very Happy
laurence
laurence

http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Hi from South Australia Empty Re:Hi from South Australia

Post  Michaela Wed May 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Hello Cloe,

you are very welcome in this Forum, the People and the Breeders are so nice and gentle. I was 10 months a member, but all People from the Forum helps you when you have a question. Your two Cats are beautyful.
Enjoy the Time with us. cat cat cat cat cat

Regards
Michaela
Michaela
Michaela

http://www.nebelung-Katzen.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Sionnach Thu May 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi Cloe, I like you have been well and truly smitten by Nebelungs and I'm importing a girl Erid Luin Feagen and Silverblue Goblin Alesan into the UK later this year so you never know what will happen in Australia!!!
Your Ragdolls are beautiful and good luck on the Nebelung front,
Luv Valerie and the furry clan xxxx

Last edited by Sionnach on Fri May 06, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing mistake)
Sionnach
Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post  bluecats Fri May 06, 2011 4:00 am

Thank you for your kind welcomes and compliments on Jake and Jaz Smile

You all have very beautiful cats and websites. Valerie, great to hear you are importing into the UK, how exciting Very Happy

What is the grooming like for Nebelungs? They look to have a similar coat to one of my Ragdolls Jake who only needs a quick comb every other week as he does not knot. My other Ragdoll needs daily grooming as he knots and has a huge thick long coat.
bluecats
bluecats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sionnach Fri May 06, 2011 5:08 am

I am so excited Cloe so you never know as there are breeders closer to you!! I haven't got my 2 yet as I get them on the 1st October but the girls I am told are shorter coated than the males and they aren't as long haired as Ragdolls or Somalis although My Somali boy has a longer coat than a lot of Somalis. Over to the experienced breeders and owners on the group!
Good luck Cloe! xxxxxx
Sionnach
Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Fri May 06, 2011 11:25 am

Sionnach wrote:Hi Cloe, I like you have been well and truly smitten by Nebelungs and I'm importing a girl Erid Luin Feagen and Silverblue Goblin Alesan into the UK later this year so you never know what will happen in Australia!!!
Your Ragdolls are beautiful and good luck on the Nebelung front,

I happy for you Smile

So that's where that charming boy Alesan is going Smile
I saw his pictures on one forum. He is so handsome Smile!!!
Kristina
Kristina

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maroon-5-Frotka-First-Nebelung-Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sionnach Fri May 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Thank you Kristina , yes he is coming to Scotland and he is such a lovely affectionate boy!!! I think (god willing as I do not want to count my chickens before they hatch) that he and Feagen will have beautiful babies together! I love them both already and their health and happiness is the most important thing to me everything else is a bonus! Kristina do you have a web site as I am trying to get one together but my (IT) partner is so busy just now lol!
I am really looking forward to getting to know you all as I love these cats and they have a great future ahead of them and if they take off in the UK this will benefit all Europe, America etc!!! Lets show people just how beautiful and wonderful this breed is!
Luv Valerie and the furry clan xxxxxxxxxxxxx Very Happy
Sionnach
Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Fri May 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Yes you are right they will have beautiful babies, in my opinion they both have great parents!
I wish for you that October comes for you as quickly as possible, I know how it is when you wait for those beauties, Maroon was 5 months old when I got him. Is it because of quarantine that you have to wait even longer?

No I don't have my site. Well I am not a breeder...yet Smile

Though I have been thinking of doing of Flickr Account where I could put Maroon's pictures. Smile I love taking pictures of him and I love looking at photos of other Nebelungs. I hope you will provides with lots of pictures of your sweet ones when they come!

flower
Kristina
Kristina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sionnach Sat May 07, 2011 2:33 am

Hi Kristina yes it's because of quaranteen laws coming into the UK cats have to be rabies vaccinated then a blood titer taken then 6 months later another titer taken etc. I am lucky as Virginie keeps in touch and I pester her for photos lol! I promise to inundate you with photos when I have them both here!!! Would love to see Maroon 5!!! Are you on Face Book as I'm there too lol and have pics of myself (YUCK) my cats Neo and Poppy and our Northern Idiot Solomon as well as the two children lol!
Luv Valerie and the furry clan xxxxxxxxxxxx Very Happy
Sionnach
Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sun May 08, 2011 12:25 pm

I am not on FB, however as soon as I do the Flickr, I'll post the link Smile
Kristina
Kristina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sionnach Sun May 08, 2011 12:29 pm

Looking forward to it Kristina! xxxx Very Happy
Sionnach
Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Hi from South Australia Empty New additions

Post  Jeska882 Mon May 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Hello,

We live in Australia in Qld, and this past weekend just adopted 2 Nebelung kittens from the RSPCA of all places. We went in just looking for a nice kitten for our little girl. We fell in love with these 2 gorgeous girls and had to have them both !!!

They have settled in great, its like they have always been here. I can't get over how they are like a mix of a cat and dog at the same time. They are so food driven. They would eat all day, and they are all over me like a bad smell when I have food. They are also very patient with my 2 year old. I can't believe anyone would just these little ladies up. Perhaps who ever handed them in didn't realise what a rare breed they are.

Never the less, these cats are very much in Australia !

Jeska882

Back to top Go down

Post  bluecats Tue May 17, 2011 1:30 am

Jeska882 wrote:Hello,

We live in Australia in Qld, and this past weekend just adopted 2 Nebelung kittens from the RSPCA of all places. We went in just looking for a nice kitten for our little girl. We fell in love with these 2 gorgeous girls and had to have them both !!!

They have settled in great, its like they have always been here. I can't get over how they are like a mix of a cat and dog at the same time. They are so food driven. They would eat all day, and they are all over me like a bad smell when I have food. They are also very patient with my 2 year old. I can't believe anyone would just these little ladies up. Perhaps who ever handed them in didn't realise what a rare breed they are.

Congratulations on your new additions, what have you named them? I'm sorry to have to tell you this but the pounds here often sell cats as breeds they look like so they have more of a chance to find homes. Without papers though, there is no evidence of them being the breed. I see it all the time with Ragdolls. Seeing these are Nebelungs, a rare (if not non-existant) and unaccepted breed in Australia, I highly doubt that your kittens are true Nebelungs. However, I am sure they are still very beautiful and will fill your life with lots of fun and joy. I'm glad to hear they fit in so well with your family Smile
bluecats
bluecats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sionnach Tue May 17, 2011 2:11 am

Hi there, congratulations on your new additions!! I am very doubtful that the kittens you got are Nebelungs but no matter what breed they are they are lucky to have found you and vice versa! A lot of people who've had semi longhaired Blue (which is a dilute of black) cats/kittens assume they are Nebelungs. No matter what they are they sound gorgeous!

Jeska882 wrote:Hello,

Sionnach
Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Hi from South Australia Empty new additions

Post  Jeska882 Tue May 17, 2011 4:49 am

Hi,

We have named them, Olive and Hazel. We were told by the RSPCA that they are for sure Nebelungs. They gave as a bunch of paperwork for them. They told us they can not be shown and are not a legitimate breed here in Australia. They were 100% sure we have Nebelungs and they look identical to the cats pictured for this website. Either way, they are gorgeous and meet all the criteria we could find online for the bred.

Jeska882

Back to top Go down

Post  laurence Tue May 17, 2011 8:44 am

Hi Jeska,

Welcome to the forum.

Your 2 lovely ladies may be "Nebelung" (cannot really call them that if the cats have no pedigrees). Indeed the breed is not recognised in OZ and maybe some Russian Blue breeders found themselves with long hair kitten which they might have sold as pets....

But what matters is that they found a new and loving home with you Very Happy
laurence
laurence

http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down