Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview Cora Cobb

3 posters

Go down

Interview Cora Cobb Empty Interview Cora Cobb

Post  Admin Sun May 16, 2010 6:30 am

Who are you? What is the name of your cattery? And what is your website name (if any)?

My name is Cora Cobb and my cattery name is Nebelheim. I live in South Central Virginia U.S.A.
My web sites are www.Nebelheim.info and www.Nebelungs.org. My email address is Nebelheim@earthlink.net.

Interview Cora Cobb SiegfrenhWhy did you become a breeder?

One could say I became a breeder by accident, when my son’s cat Elsa, a black domestic shorthair, gave birth to two litters by a roving Russian Blue lookalike. Siegfried, a male from the first litter, and Brunhilde, from the second litter, turned out to be longhaired and blue; both of these are recessive traits. I decided to try to make a breed out of them, as LH Russian Blues. In 1987, the Nebelungs were accepted in the TICA NBC (New Breed and Color) class. In 1997, the Nebelungs achieved championship status in TICA.

at the photo: Sigfried

How many cats (of which breeds, if any) do you have?

Right now I have nine Nebelungs, consisting of seven spayed females and two whole males. I also have a longhaired seal-pointed neutered male, with some Nebelung blood. (The other cats don’t like him very much—maybe because he looks different!)

What breed(s) do you raise?

I only raise Nebelungs and, because of the economy, have not had a litter in over a year. (In the last months, I have received inquiries about the older cats, so some of them might be adopted soon.)

What made you decide for this breed or these breeds?

See my answer to the first question.

How did you choose your first cat and/or first Nebelung?

See my answer to the first question.

Which one of your cats is your darling (favorite) and/or which one branded (strongly influenced) your cattery and why?

My first favorites were Siegfried and Brunhilde. More recent favorites were my native Russian Nebelung, Arneri Mitrofan of Nebelheim, and Sadie Hawkins of Nebelheim, both deceased since we moved from Denver, Colorado to Pamplin, Virginia. I guess my two favorites now are the seal-pointed male HHP, whose name is Winchester (Winnie), and Blue Mist Alexander (Alex) of Nebelheim. Both of them are affectionate, and while Winnie isn’t the brightest cat in the world, his antics and vocal commentary on the world at large, especially me, are a lot of fun to observe.

What are you looking for in breeding?/ (Why do you love the Nebelung/ what appeals to you in your cats.)

I’m looking for a more outgoing disposition and greener eyes. Most of them now have the semi-foreign body type and lighter undercoat to produce the required tipping. Most of them are also affectionate to John and me, even if they hide from strangers.

Interview Cora Cobb Corakl
Do you go to cat shows and if yes why? (If you go to shows can you tell us a special memory of your show career?)

Because I don’t want to travel by air and there are not that many shows in driving distance, I haven’t been going to many shows lately. I remember my first cat show, where I didn’t know anything! I also remember attending the TICA Paris cat show in November 1989. After the show, John and I found ourselves in Berlin the day the wall came down. That was a memory! It was also great attending the 1995 St. Petersburg show in Russia.

Which of your cats is the more titled? (and why?)

The highest title any of my Nebelungs has achieved is TGC (Triple Grand Champion) in TICA. Nebelheim Gregory got the points for this award at the Calgary (Canada) show in 1996.

at the photo: RW TGC Romani Gregory of Nebelheim

And all you would like to say about you, your life and your cats....

After living in or near big cities all my life, I can’t say how much I enjoy living in South Central Virginia. There is beautiful woodland—owned by a lumber company, so it probably won’t be developed in the near future—surrounding our two-and-a-half-acre tract. All sorts of flowers grow wild and we have two large magnolia trees and many oaks and pines. The cats can’t go out, but they enjoy looking out the windows. There are several deer living nearby, also rabbits, turkeys and opossums, plus the usual smaller animals and songbirds.

Now that I’m retired from the computer field, I have started to realize my lifetime dream of becoming a writer. I’ve finished the first book of a contemporary fantasy trilogy. As of this moment, this book is being read by a literary agent, who might represent it to the larger publishing houses. I’m really excited about this. If the agent decides not to represent the book, I’ll look for other agents and/or smaller publishers.

Who would you like to invite next for the interview? And what would you like to know of him/her?

Louise Safron, who has been a breeder for almost twenty years. It would be great if she would answer these same questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qui êtes-vous ? Quel est le nom de votre chatterie ? Et l'adresse de votre site (le cas échéant) ?

Mon nom est Cora Cobb et ma chatterie s'appelle Nebelheim. Je vis aux Etats-Unis, en Virginie sud-centre.
Mes sites sont www.Nebelheim.info et www.Nebelungs.org. Mon adresse email est Nebelheim@earthlink.net.

Interview Cora Cobb Siegfrenh
Pourquoi êtes-vous devenu éleveur ?

On peut dire que je suis devenue éleveuse par accident, lorsqu'Elsa la chatte de gouttière noire et poils courts de mon fils a donné naissance à 2 portées dont le père ressemblait à un Bleu Russe. Siegfried, un mâle de la première portée, et Brunhilde issue de la seconde portée, se sont révélés être bleu et à poils longs; 2 caractères récéssifs. J'ai décidé de créer une race à partir d'eux, en tant que Bleu Russe à poils longs. En 1987, le Nebelung était accepté par la TICA en NBC (nouvelle race et couleur). En 1997, le Nebelung a été pleinement reconnu par la TICA.

Photo: Sigfried

Combien de chats avez-vous (et de quelles races le cas échéant) ?

J'ai actuellement 9 Nebelungs comprenant 7 femelles stérilisées et 2 mâles entiers. J'ai aussi un mâle stérilisé seal point à poils longs, avec un peu de sang Nebelung. (Les autres chats ne l'aiment pas beaucoup - peut-être parce qu'il ne leur ressemble pas !)

Quelle(s) race(s) élevez-vous ?

J'élève uniquement des Nebelungs et à cause de la crise, n'ai pas eu de portée depuis plus d'un an. (Ces derniers mois, j'ai reçu des demandes pour mes chats plus âgés. Quelques uns d'entre eux vont peut-être être adoptés bientôt).

Qu'est-ce qui vous a décidé pour cette ou ces race(s) ?

Voir ma réponse à la première question.

Comment avez-vous choisi votre premier chat et/ou premier Nebelung ?

Voir ma réponse à la première question.

Lequel de vos chats est votre préféré et/ou lequel a fortement marqué votre chatterie et pourquoi ?

Mes premiers chats préférés étaient Siegfried et Brunhilde. Mes préférés plus récents étaient Arneri Mitrofan of Nebelheim (un Nebelung russe de Russie) et Sadie Hawkins of Nebelheim : tous les deux sont morts depuis que nous avons quitté Denver, Colorado pour Pamplin, Virginie. Je pense que mes deux préférés acutellement sont mon mâle seal HHP, dont le nom est Winchester (Winnie), et Blue Mist Alexander (Alex) of Nebelheim. Tous les deux sont très affectueux et bien que Winnie ne soit pas le chat le plus intelligent qui soit, ses bouffonneries ainsi que ses commentaires sur le monde en général, dont moi surtout, sont très amusants à observer.

Qu'est-ce que vous recherchez dans l'élevage ? (Pourquoi aimez-vous le Nebelung, qu'est-ce qui vous plaît le plus dans vos chats ?)

Je recherche un caractère plus sociable et des yeux plus verts. La plupart ont maintenant un corps semi-foreign et un sous-poil plus clair pour avoir le tipping demandé. La plupart sont affectueux vis-à-vis de John et moi-même, même s'ils se cachent des étrangers.

Interview Cora Cobb Corakl
Allez-vous en expo et si oui pourquoi ? (Si vous allez en expo, pouvez-vous nous raconter un souvenir particulier ?

Parce que je ne veux pas prendre l'avion et qu'il n'y a pas beaucoup d'expos accessibles par voiture, je ne suis pas beaucoup sortie en expos dernièrement. Je me rappelle ma première expo, je n'y connaissais strictement rien ! Je me rappelle également d'une expo TICA à Paris en novembre 1989. Après l'expo, John et moi nous sommes retrouvés à Berlin le jour ou le mur est tombé. Quel souvenir ! J'ai également beaucoup aimé l'expo de St Petersbourg en Russie en 1995.

Lequel de vos chats est le plus titré ? (et pourquoi ?)

Le plus haut titre de mes Nebelungs est TGC (Triple Grand Champion) en TICA. Nebelheim Gregory l'a eu à l'expo de Calgary (Canada) en 1996.

Photo: RW TGC Romani Gregory of Nebelheim

Et tout ce que vous voulez dire sur vous, votre vie et vos chats...

Après avoir vécu dans ou autour de grandes villes toute ma vie, je ne peux pas dire à quel point j'aime vivre en centre-sud Virginie. Il y a de magnifiques bois -propriété d'une compagnie de l'industrie forestière, ce qui veut dire que cela ne sera pas développé dans un futur proche- qui entourent notre terrain de 3 hectares. Toutes sortes de fleurs sauvages poussent et nous avons 2 grands magnolias ainsi que plusieurs chênes et pins. Les chats ne sortent pas mais ils aiment regarder par les fenêtres. Il y a plusieurs daims qui vivent dans le coin, tout comme des lapins, dindes et oppossums ainsi que de petits animaux et oiseaux habituels.

Maintenant que j'ai pris ma retraite de l'informatique, j'ai commencé à réaliser mon rêve de toujours : devenir écrivain. J'ai terminé le premier livre d'une trilogie fantaisy contemporaine. En ce moment, le livre est lu par un agent qui pourrait le présenter à des maisons d'édition. Je suis très excitée. Si cet agent décide de ne pas me représenter, je chercherais d'autres agents ou de petits éditeurs.

Qui aimeriez-vous voir répondre ensuite à cette interview ? Et qu'aimeriez-vous connaître sur elle/lui ?

Louise Safron qui élève depuis presque vingt ans. Ce serait vraiment super si elle pouvait répondre à ces mêmes questions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://nebelung.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Interview Cora Cobb Empty Re: Interview Cora Cobb

Post  Anke Zekveld Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks Cora for the interview. I'm looking forward to hear more about the publishing of your book.
I'll ask Louise if she is willing to answer our questions. She is one of the first breeders of the Nebelung and bred some lovely cats. Her lovely Julie is the mother of Aleksandr.

flower

Anke
Anke Zekveld
Anke Zekveld

http://www.nebelung.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:22 pm

I did not manage to contact Louise. So this time the interview is with Laurence Devergne. I already read the interview and Laurence is a great writer.
Maybe later, when I do contact Louise I'll ask her again.

P.S. the interview will is available in English, French and Dutch.

Anke

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://nebelung.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bernard Boucher Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:44 am

Cora is currently in hospital.
For information, just ask Vicky
bluenebs@yahoo.com
Bernard Boucher