Nebelung
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nebelung?

4 posters

Go down

Nebelung? Empty Nebelung?

Post  lavaraptor Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 am

Hello everyone, here is my super-handsome best friend cat named Grimey. I don't know if he is actually Nebelung but he looks a lot like one I think. His fur is grey, my camera made his fur look brown in that one picture for some reason

Nebelung? 20120511
Nebelung? Sth75610
Nebelung? Sth73510
Nebelung? 20120110
Nebelung? 20120310
Nebelung? 20120810
Nebelung? Photo-10
Nebelung? Sth72510
Nebelung? Sth72310
Nebelung? Sth72410

lavaraptor
lavaraptor

Back to top Go down

Nebelung? Empty Re: Nebelung?

Post  laurence Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:45 pm

If he has a Nebelung pedigree, he is a Nebelung. If not, he looks like one but is a lovely house pet. Very Happy
laurence
laurence

http://www.jardindesagapanthes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wdburt1 Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Clearly, the people (mostly breeders) who dominate this forum are profoundly annoyed by any inquiry that suggests the possibility that a cat without a pedigree might be Nebelung.

They have not done their homework and are attempting to enforce their viewpoint by sheer intimidation.

Go back and ask what the pedigree was of Cora Cobb's original "Nebelungs." To quote her:

"Siegfried’s mother was Elsa, a black Domestic Shorthair belonging to my son, Karl and his father was a cat which looked like a Russian Blue. Although I knew that Elsa’s father was a longhair (resembling a black Angora), I was surprised to find that, out of a litter of six black and blue shorthairs, one was a blue longhair. He was big and outstandingly beautiful, with the long legs, long tail and distinctive features of the Russian Blue combined with medium long hair. I decided he must become my cat and named him Siegfried."

Note that reference to the black domestic shorthair. A common cat, or "street cat" as our forum potentates like to say.

Those who dominate this forum appear to be solely interested in protecting the value of the cats they breed and have no interest whatsoever in helping others determine whether their cat might actually be a Nebelung, a question of what-is-real vs. what-can-be-documented. Indeed they appear to be actively hostile to such questions.

wdburt1

Back to top Go down

Post  embeee Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:49 pm

Yes, he has the narrow triangle shaped face, the long wispy fur and long body. The glowing yellowish green eyes. He could definitely be a Nebelung. He looks the spitting image of my Snuggles, a huge love-ball.

embeee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down